Sunday, December 11, 2005

Software Testing FAQ - No. 7

Is it true that all male software testers are as good looking as Brad Pitt ?

That question came from a very nice lady called H. Keller.

Nice question H. Are you by any chance related to H formerly with pop-combo Steps? Hold on, shouldn't I be answering the questions here rather than asking them?

Well, first of all, I'm not sure that you have ever seen a software tester, have you H? Secondly, is it the whole Brad Pitt good-looking-ness I should be comparing the software tester with or just good looking bits of him like maybe his ears or his eyebrows? Thirdly, how should we treat the class of testers that were once one gender and are now the other - does the current or original state define them for the purposes of this question?

If only I could just clear these up I could come to a measured answer really quickly. Quicker than a shop sells out of Xbox 360's in this pre-Christmas rush to be sure. Failing that, I believe there is a strong (nay, even overwhelming) possibility that the answer is no.

If you're interested in a conundrum try these puzzles and quizes too.